Tieto stránky sú venované všetkým verziám tanku T-34, ktoré boli vyrobené v Stalingradských závodoch počas bojov na Východnom fronte. Plánujem tu uverejňovať všetky podklady súvisiace s výrobou a nasadením tejto T-34.
This web is dedicated to all versions of T-34 tank, which were produced in Stalingrad factories during battles on Eastern front. I will plan to publish here all details pertinent to production and using of this version of T-34.
sobota 20. februára 2010
Hlavní dodávatelia STZ / Main suppliers of STZ
STZ was montage factory. This means that to its lines cames production from many supplying factories. Together there were 182 factories and from this number two thirds were after Stalingrad region. At same time when the war began and factories were transferred to the east, was interrupted supplying of various components ( fuel systems, electric circuits etc.) This components were obtained from 122 factories. This situation was resolved typically militarily quickly- During short time in STZ were estabilished new works: for electric components, fuel systems and four works for production of V-2 diesel engines. Now only 30 suppliers stay in STZ, each of them in Stalingrad. To the January 1942 STZ obtained forged pieces of crank shafts from Zlatoust and Chelyabinsk and from January it began making them itself with cooperation of other factories. Now STZ was universal factory with full-area production. In addition, production of big cast pieces allows change welded components with cast ones.
Factory No.183 since the beginning delivered individual subassemblies of armored hulls and turrets to STZ. Here also passed training group of specialists for tractor construction. After transfer of No.183 factory, STZ became main factory for T-34 production. All changes in in technology had been approved and confirmed here. Part of hulls and components from evacuated factory No.183 came to STZ. During evacuation to Altay, part of Kharkov tractor factory equipment was given to STZ at V.A. Malyshev´s bidding. Mariupol metallurgical factory delivered armored shapes and sets with parts for turrets and hulls. From the May 1941 there began production of cast turrets with 52mm thick panels. Technology of casting was worked out by Nicenko and Buslov. Part of these turrets was sent to STZ factory. Factory Krasniy Oktyabr in Stalingrad, was only one metallurgical factory, after the fall of Mariupol in autumn of 1941, which covered all southeast region of country and Caucasus. Steel, which was produced here, made 10% of overall production compare to 4% in time when war began. Metal produced in Krasniy Oktyabr has special quality and includes alloying additions. It was used in bearing production and also in production of tanks and aircrafts. Until first half of 1942 year, this type of metal was produced only in factory Krasniy Oktyabr. Until that time at Ural was produced only structural steel. With existing equipment, despite of skeptics opinions, Krasniy Oktyabr, was able to introduce armour shapes production. In factory also ran T-34 turrets production. From 22. to 31. July 1942 german Luftwaffe almost disabled railway in Tichoreckaya a Lichaya direction. Instead of 350 loaded wagons per day, Krasniy Oktyabr received only from 50 to 100. But despite of these problems work went on….
Stalingrad´s No.264 factory, shipbuilding yards in Sarept, were subordinated to Sudprom. At September 11 1941 by decision of SNK was estabilished Commissariat for tank industry leaded by V. A. Malyshev. Under this Commissariat were subordinated Commissariats for machining and shipbuilding.
Shipyards in Sarept were orientated on tank production. Here was introduced hulls and turrets production for T-34. In addition here were produced Stormovik armoured fuselages and light tanks T-60. In April 1941 factory manufactured first three sets of hulls and turrets for T-34, in July 28 sets and in October 117 sets. Next increasing of production rate was retarded by missing equipment and intensity factor of T-34 armoured pieces production. Together with NII-48, factory elaborate simpler technological version for production of these pieces. This allows increasing of production. In November were produced 164 sets and in December 223. At sunset of August 24 1942 was railway between STZ and Sarept shipyards interrupted. Flatcars with finished tank hulls were stopped between factories. At 11:00 p.m. director V. M. Fomin, on urgent meeting of leaders of workshops, reported order about immediate evacuation of factory. At noon of August 25 was production fully stopped. Now at same place was estabilished only repair plant for damaged tanks, which running until September of 1942. In February 1942 Voroshilov´s and Kolomyjsk´s factories should have to produce 100 cast turrets for STZ. In April 1942 Kolomyjsk factory produced 28 turrets instead of planned 100 and Voroshilov factory 47 instead of 150. Reason – small amount of ferroalloy. Metalurgical factory No. 178 in Kulebaki in Gorkiy region delivered to STZ cast turrets for T-34. First pieces has maded with technology from Mariupol metallurgical factory, later was technology improved for local possibilities. In addition here were rolled three profiles of beams for T-34 hull nose, casted shaped details (centre bosses, wheels etc.). Metallurgical factory No.177 in town of Vyksa delivered to STZ and No.264 (Sarept) armour steel and shapes. At first Kirov factory delivered cannons L-11, after rearming, more powerful F-34. L-11 cannons were delivered to STZ by Kirov factory in Leningrad and F-34´s from factories No. 9 and No. 92, whereby part of production was expedited with cover of shock absorber. During production became to interesting event – in one series of cannons produced by factory No.9, liquid was missed.
Rubber plant Jarak in Jaroslavl assembled wheels, which equipped with rubber rims. In factory produced wheels were sent to Jaroslavl, where were equipped with rubber rims and from there were sent back to factory for montage on tank. Factory for production of rubber products Red triangle delivered wide range of seals, quilts and other rubber goods and Moscow factory MEZ supplied STZ with electrotechnical material.